Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finding Life in the Industrial Area

Tonight I was part of a photo class in the southeast portion of greater Portland. Gentrification of the area includes restaurants and bars and galleries such as the one where my class is. As counterpoints to that gentrification are the railroad tracks and street people. So today's photos show both. The first speaks for itself as typically industrial with railroad tracks with bits of nature along the edges...

Industrial Earth

The second is of a fellow who wanted to know what we were doing. In exchange for that information and to have his photo taken with my friend, he let me take his photo. Joe is an extraordinary street person dealing with life. My friend is a wonderful person who humors me.

222/365 The Camera and the Boombox

No comments: